For disease investigation cases, histopathology samples can be received by the lab in formalin for processing, or arrangements can be made for live animals to be sent, allowing you to concentrate on your research. Disease investigation samples can be taken from lesions, skin and normally sterile sites of animals with our staff trained to identify the most appropriate sampling sites.
What We Offer
- Routine histology and pathology services - tissue collection and preparation
- H&E staining of gross lesions
- Bacteriology testing of gross lesions or abscess
- Pathology evaluations
Please contact the laboratory to discuss your needs for disease investigations. Many different testing regimes may be required to identify the cause of any disease outcomes.
H-EXAM – $42.00 PER SLIDE
- Trimming, slide preparation, staining (H&E), interpretation and report on fixed tissue provided
- Tissue samples should be sent in 10% buffered formalin
- Includes special stains as required.
B-CULT – $33.00 PER SAMPLE
- Sample-appropriate culture for bacteria
- Lesion/environmental swab or sample
- Blood cultures available on request.